Monday, April 20, 2009

Just another reason NYC is fabulous…

This week it is “Sparkle Week” in NYC.  Last month, the mayor of New York, Michael Bloomberg, declared April 20th through 26th “Sparkle Week”, to celebrate (and boost the sales of) all things sparkly, namely jewelry and diamonds. Just to be clear: this week is a governmentally-sanctioned celebration of diamonds. Fantastic. 


Because I am a lover of all things sparkly, I will certainly be celebrating Sparkle Week here in Corvallis, and encourage you to do the same. Every day this week I’ll be offering a different proposal for how to rock some sparkle of your own.


We’ll start off (semi) subtle. Today, I’m thinking a top of some kind with some built in sparkle, paired with some shimmery extras. For example, I’m wearing a t-shirt with silver leaves printed on it, with silver flip-flops and some silver bangles, along with my signature diamond studs.  You can cut-out pieces to suit your own taste/comfort level, but I would advise against going whole-hog today. After all, there are six more days to shine.

No comments: