Monday, October 13, 2008

Nearly every time...

Ace and I exchange presents, we inevitably give one another clothes. She usually gives me something black (and if it’s not black, it’s a different neutral). I give her something colored, and we both say the same thing: “You just need a little more black/color in your closet”.  I think, then, that Ace will be proud to learn that the other day as I looked through my closet, I realized that the items that I have begun reaching for the most are some sort of neutral.  While Ace’s “colors” of choice may be black and white, mine are brown and camel. In the past, when I would go shopping, if I found a piece that I liked, I would look for it in a bright color, like hot pink or bright red. Now, I look for it in brown or even black. My point is this: try branching out, even if that means toning it down as opposed to turning it up.  It never hurts to try a new look. And Ace may just be right: you can never have too much black in your closet. 

1 comment:

Deborah. said...

SHUT IT!

Just kidding. I agree with this post. Like when I was hopped up on meds the day after the wedding and was like "half my closet is like black and white and the other half is like...green...yellow...pink...red...orange..."

Except it's not the same without my voice.

Like teevee, commurshuuuul.