Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I am so...

excited to actually be able to rock collegiate style this fall/winter. Due to the fact that I now go to school in Oregon, I can actually wear some classic looks that just were not right in SoCal. I love argyle, blazers, cords, scarves, sweater vests, cable-knit, ribbed turtleneck sweaters and anything else that is a part of the classic college look. It’s a little retro—college girls in the mid-to-late seventies define this look. The colors are very muted, classic autumn colors: burgundy, olive, mustard, and shades of brown. If you too decide to go for the college co-ed look, my suggestion is to play it subtle. You don’t want to look like you think its 1975. Just go with one or two items, like a cardigan with cords.  Don’t try to do argyle and plaid; it just won’t work. Personally, I think argyle goes on sweaters and plaid on skirts. Leather chunky-heeled knee-high boots complete the look.

2 comments:

Deborah. said...

I can't...I can't...

I'm breaking too many rules in every post of yours!

help....me...?

Like I wear scarves all the time. At least once a week and it's been 100 degrees this week.

Also I love my boots.

I am a crazy Californian! Send your readers to my blog if they want an example of 'how not to dress in life'. I will blog about it right now!

Madeline Elouise said...

What?! I didn't say you can't wear scarves...oh, wait, I did. Whatever Deb. live it!