Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I want a beret.

I just think that they are very pretty, very glamorous.  A beret is not your typical hat, meaning that it’s not the type of hat you can throw on to cover a bad hair day.  I love both the classic beret and the floppy beret, but there are different rules for each.

My tips for if you decide to try a classic beret: if your hair is short, I think your best bet is going strait.  I’m thinking (cliché alert!) Faye Dunaway in Bonnie and Clyde. Long hair? Try a little bit of a wave. You can also go strait and where it pulled back in a loose ponytail.  Place the hat on a slight angle, but don’t obsess. Own it, and it will look fantastic.

As for floppy berets, think Rachel Bilson. Slight wave, no matter your hair-length. Embrace the boho quality, and go with a darker colored beret, maybe park purple.  Again, wear at a slight angle letting the flop fall where it may, it knows what is best. Your clothes should be more classic, with maybe a printed scarf. 

No comments: