Thursday, October 8, 2009

When I was..

about seven, I begged TS for a pair of purple clogs by Hannah Anderson. They were fabulous, and I rocked them until my feet grew too big (insert Sasquatch joke here). Around this time last year, I desperately yearned for a new pair. It seems the dear Karl Lagerfeld heard my cries, because he sent his models in Paris clomping down the runway in high-heeled clogs for Chanel’s spring 2010 show. Now, to me clogs are just about the closest thing to a physical embodiment of autumn as you can get. However, the fact that Karl sees them as a spring shoe means two things. First, they span the seasons. They can be worn in fall, winter, and spring. Purchase a pair now and you are guaranteed seven to eight months of fashionable wear. Second, I’ll be purchasing a pair promptly.

Craving your own pair? I recommend a color that will work with both your fall and spring wardrobes. Cognac, caramel, and other shades of brown would be a good neutral choice. A reddish-chestnut would also work well. I’ll be going with a milk-chocolate pair, to wear with jeans and sweaters in the fall and winter, and tights and my white dress in the spring.

No comments: