Wednesday, October 10, 2007

I really hate...

...to do this; please know that it comes from a place of love. But I just have a few questions for the people out there, the people who insist on wearing hid-ee-odor-ous clothing. I'm sure these people think they look fine, they may even think they look great. But the truth is, their outfits could use a little...work. Thats why I am here to help.
I have to ask, what is up with...

--headbands worn around the forehead? I've seen this one on girls and on guys, and I have to say, it is not a good look. Sometimes its one of those little elastic headbands, and sometimes it is a leather thong just tied around someones head. Just because Lindsay Lohan does it doesn't mean its cute. In fact, that should be an indication to you that it's NOT cute.

--white leggings? Really? You want your legs to appear paler? Besides, I am pretty sure leggings are over. Recycle yours into “tights” to wear with boots.

--unnatural hair-colors? I'm not talking bottle-blonde's here. I mean the girls with electric blue and purple “highlights” in their hair. Its not cute, and no matter what you are wearing, you don't good. If you match your outfit to your streaks, you look like you are trying too hard; if you don't match, you clash horribly. Its a lose-lose situation, and hair that is this processed always looks very damaged.

--patterns died into hair? This is along the same lines as Crayola-colored hair. I've seen girls with horizontal stripes died into their hair. NOT a good look.

--colored jeans? It's just too much, especially those neon-bright ones. I don't care that they are all over the fashion magazines right now. I'm not anti-colored-pants; colored cords? So cute. Bright slacks? Adorable and unexpected. But denim? No thank you.

I'll admit it, at one point I considered putting hot-pink streaks in my hair. Thank the good Lord that my Style Guru talked me out of that one. And hopefully, if you have had an inkling towards any of these looks, I'll have saved you from looking back at pictures of yourself years from now and thinking “what in the world am I wearing?”.
If I have saved even one person from that trauma, I'll have done my part my for society.

No comments: